Council tax change of circumstances
Tell us about changes straight away. If you don't, you may end up paying the wrong amount of council tax.
Changes you must tell us about include:
- If you change your address.
- If someone in your household dies.
- If someone comes to stay with you for a period of time (this may affect any discounts that you are receiving on your council tax bill)
- If someone moves out (if this means that you now live alone and are over 18 you may be entitled to a single person discount)
- If you change your name due to marriage or divorce, or the name on your account is incorrect.
- If your children leave school.
- If you go into care or into hospital for a long period, or are away from home providing care for someone else.
This is not a full list. If you think a change may affect your council tax, please tell us anyway.
For further information please contact:
Telephone: 01283 508030 - Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm
In person: Visit one of our Customer Service Centres in the Market Place, High Street, Burton upon Trent; or the Library in Uttoxeter
Write to us: Revenues Team, PO Box 8045, Burton upon Trent, DE14 9JG