The Housing Options team provides advice about housing and homelessness.
How to contact us
In person: You can normally see our duty officer at Burton Customer Service Centre Monday - Friday between the hours of 9am (9.45am Wednesday) and 5pm.
You do not need an appointment but you will have to wait until we are free.
Burton Customer Service Centre
Burton upon Trent
We do not have an officer at the Uttoxeter Customer Service Centre but you can speak to us from there by phone Monday-Friday between the hours of 9am (10.30am Wednesday) and 5pm. Staff there can also receive documents from you.
Uttoxeter Customer Service Centre
Telephone: (01283) 508120 - Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
What to bring with you
If any of these things apply to your situation please bring them with you if you can. This will help us to provide you with the best advice.
Proof of identify one of:
- Birth Certificate
- Driving licence photo card
- National Insurance Card
- Proof of immigration status
Evidence of why you are homeless or at risk of homelessness:
- Tenancy agreement
- Notice to Quit
- Notice of Possession
- Mortgage statement or most recent correspondence from the lender
- Court orders or details of court proceedings
- Letter from parents/friends/relatives saying you have to leave
Proof of income
- Income details
- Bank statements
- Entitlement to benefits
- Mortgage agreement
- Secured loan(s) agreements
Other evidence of your circumstances
- Name, address and telephone number of your landlord/managing agent
- Birth certificate of your partners/children
- Marriage certificate
- Child Benefit/Tax Credit letter/book
- Residence order from the court
- Wage slips
- Details of previous addresses
- Details of social workers/support workers
- Proof of pregnancy
- Relevant medical information