Home > Planning > Apply for planning permission > What information do I need to supply?

What information do I need to supply?

Important Information

The pre-application and enquiry service has been TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED due to the high volume of applications we are receiving.

Pre-applications for major and strategic developments will continue to be accepted.

If you are seeking advice on whether planning permission would be required, please visit the planning guides and case studies page.

Alternatively you can submit a certificate of lawfulness application.

What to submit with your application

To ensure your application is valid there are certain pages you'll need to read and certain information you might need to submit as part of your planning application.

Check what you need to submit with your application

As a minimum, the majority of applications will require the following:

  • application forms
  • a fee
  • location plan and in most cases a block plan
  • existing and proposed floor plans (where applicable)
  • existing and proposed elevations (where applicable)
  • this notice is to be printed and served on individuals if certificate B or C is completed on your application form.
  • this notice is to be printed and publicised in a local paper if certificate C or D is completed on your application form.

Ordnance survey extracts – As part of most applications you will need to submit a location plan and block plan.

You can locate them using the planning portal (or other online sites), or alternatively you can collect and pay for them at one of our Customer Service Centres in the Market Place, High Street, Burton upon Trent; or the Library in Uttoxeter.

Access the form and price list.

Data Protection and Copyright

he Council is fully committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals, including staff, contractors, service users and others, by ensuring lawful use of their personal data in accordance with the Act.  The Council will take all necessary steps to implement this policy and to ensure that all staff are fully aware of it and abide by it. The applicants name and address will be displayed on the website, site notice and publicity notice.  Information relating to Planning applications will be held indefinitely in order to maintain the planning register.

When viewing planning applications the data is publicly available for the purposes of holding a planning register which is a legal requirement and should not be used for any other purpose. Plans, drawings and materials submitted to the Council are protected by the copyright acts (section 47, 1988). You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes; to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed together with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.

Please note: Information submitted on the Planning Application Form and supporting information will be published on the website.