How can I find out whether I need planning permission?
You have 3 options to help determine whether or not you require planning permission:-
- Depending on the type of development proposed you may find useful advice on the Planning Portal website
- You can complete our planning enquiry form for non-householder developments. We will confirm in writing based on what you have told us, whether or not you require planning permission (A £35 charge is applied for this service).
- You can complete a Certificate of Lawful Development for a Proposed Use, which provides formal confirmation of the requirement for permission. (A National Fee is applied for this service at a rate of half the required fee for a planning application for the development proposed. For further advice please contact the DC Support Team).
Access our online mapping facility to check whether a property is within a Conservation Area, Article 4 Area, a Listed Building, view live planning applications or refer to planning history for an address.
If you require any further help or assistance e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01283 508606 and speak to one of the panning support staff.
If you have determined that you need to apply for planning permission, ou could take advantage of our pre-application advice service.
Apply for Planning Permission
To apply for permission you can either:
- Apply online using the planning portal website
- Download and print an application form and emailing to email@example.com or post to East Staffordshire Borough Council, Development Control, P.O. Box 8045, Burton upon Trent, DE14 9JG
Guidance on Common Projects
If you use the links below you will find information on whether you require planning permission for different types of developments. (These links will take you to the Planning Portal National Planning Guidance).
Adverts and Signs - Adverts National Guidance - Planning Portal
Change of Use - Change of Use National Guidance - Planning Portal
Demolition - Demolition National Guidance - Planning Portal
Warehouse and Industrial - Warehouse and Industrial National Guidance - Planning Portal
Working from Home - Working from Home National Guidance - Planning Portal
Solar Panels - Solar Panels (Non-domestic)