Home > Licence and permits > Alcohol licences > COVID-19 Licensed Premises Advice

COVID-19 Licensed Premises Advice

Coronavirus: Licensed Premises Advice

Advice for licensed premises holders can be found on the COVID-19 licensed premises advice page.

Other ESBC services affected by Coronavirus

General advice and support

The Government continue to update their web page on employer and business support please keep your eye on Government pages for updates. This business support page also provides useful information on coronavirus business support.

Premises Licences and Club Premises Certificates

Whilst non-essential premises remain closed we thought we would put together some information to help and support businesses to ensure a smooth and straightforward transition as and when the restrictions are lifted.

Now is a good time to review the licence currently in force.  Some of the items you may wish to check are as follows:

  • Are the licence holders details correct? Any changes to the name and/or address of the holder(s) requires notification to the licensing authority.  If the premises has been transferred to new owners then an application to transfer the premises licence will need to be submitted.
  • For Club Premises Certificates – do we have the correct correspondence details?
  • Is the named DPS still correct? If the person named on the licence as the Designated Premises Supervisor is no longer employed in this role then an application to Vary the Designated Premises Supervisor will need to be submitted.
  • Is the most recent licence summary on display? If the full licence and/or summary cannot be located then you will need to request a copy of the licence.
  • Are the relevant authorisations in place and available at the premises?
  • Check the if the hours, activities and conditions on the licence are still relevant. If not, you may wish to consider using this time to submit an application to Vary a Premises Licence or Vary a Club Premises Certificates.
  • Have any outstanding annual fees or gaming machine permit fees been paid?

Should you have any queries with regards to the existing licence or require advice on any of the licence processes mentioned above, including application forms, fees etc. please contact the licensing team via email at licensing@eaststaffsbc.gov.uk or on telephone 01283 508310.