Family entertainment centres

Licensed Family Entertainment Centres will be able to offer an unlimited number of category C & D gaming machines. Unlike, Adult Gaming Centres, children will be allowed to enter the premises and will be able to gamble on category D machines. Any category C machines on the premises must only be located in ‘over-18’ areas.

Should you wish to only offer category D gaming machines please see details below regarding unlicensed Family Entertainment Centres.

To operate a Licensed Family Entertainment Centre you will need:

  • An Operating Licence issued by the Gambling Commission
  • A Premises Licence issued by East Staffordshire Borough Council
  • Any Personal Licences relevant to your business, issued by the Gambling Commission

Family Entertainment Centre operating, premises and personal licences will be of unlimited duration. You will not need to apply again unless your circumstances change.

You will, however, be required to pay an annual fee to the Gambling Commission in respect of the operating licence and to East Staffordshire Borough Council in respect of the premises licence.

You will also be required to pay a periodic maintenance fee to the Gambling Commission in respect of any personal licences.

How much does it cost?

Please see our licensing fees page.