Cost of submitting a planning application

Cost of submitting a planning application

Types of application and criteria

  • All applications

Except for:

  1. Conservation Area applications for demolition works.
  2. Deletion/variation of a Legal Agreement (S106).
  3. Hedgerow removal notices.
  4. Listed building applications.
  5. Overhead lines.
  6. S211 notification of tree works in Conservation Areas.
  7. Stop up or divert a public right of way.
  8. Works to trees protected by a Tree Preservation Order.

Paying for your application

Payment (other than those submitted via the Planning Portal) can be made online or by calling 01283 508606  and asking for the Planning Support team.

If paying through the website make note of the receipt number and submit this with your application. Failure to do this could result in a delay in validating your application.

Guidance and links to further information

For other circumstances where fee exemptions or concessions apply please refer to planning practice guidance.

You can use the Planning Portal fee calculator to work out how much you will need to pay.