Home > Planning > Conservation and listed buildings > Conservation and listed buildings frequently asked questions

Conservation and listed buildings frequently asked questions

Coronavirus: Planning

The Planning and Local Land Charges department are currently working off site. The preferred method of contact is via email at dcsupport@eaststaffsbc.gov.uk.

The Council has issued more information on those businesses which must close. For businesses that wish to amend their service so that they can continue to trade, for example a restaurant may wish to offer takeaway or food delivery, they will need to email planning to let us know their intentions and ensure that they comply with their premises licence conditions.

Other ESBC services affected by Coronavirus

What if a tree within a conservation area is removed without permission?

If we are notified we will have to investigate why the tree was removed, and if its removal was not justified we may prosecute the person who removed it.

What if I want to do work to a property in a conservation area?

Any changes you make to a property through repairs, maintenance or alterations, should be in keeping with the character of both the building and the area. You should take care to match original materials and methods of construction, and avoid damaging or removing features of historic or architectural value. Planning permission may be required for these works including any demolition.