Noise from domestic premises is the biggest source of nuisance complaints. Domestic noise complaints cover a wide range of activities, the most common are amplified music and barking dogs. Please note that if you have any concerns over the welfare of an animal, you will need to contact the RSPCA directly.

Notify the RSPCA if you think a dog may be in distress.

Noise is not always completely preventable, for example, it is not unreasonable to do DIY in your home, however it is important to be considerate to your neighbours.

Most people like entertainment and enjoy watching the television or listening to music, but as peoples tastes differ, it is important to think of your neighbours particularly at night when the noise can be more disturbing.

The Council does not have a 24 hour call out service for responding to Statutory Nuisance complaints.  Should you be affected by nuisance noise outside of office hours this should be reported to Environmental Health the next working day, please note the Councils emergency phone line is not to be used in these cases.  Breach of the peace, violence/fights and/or Anti Social Behaviour should be reported to the Police.

What is our noise complaint procedure?

Download the domestic noise leaflets to find out our complaint procedure:

Submit a complaint

Having read the complaint leaflet above, if you feel the problem has the potential to cause a Statutory Nuisance, please complete the complaint form.

Submit a complaint