Firstly try speaking with your neighbour, as they may not be aware that they are causing a problem. A personal approach may be more effective and the problem can be solved straight away.

However, if you are not happy approaching your neighbour you can make a complaint to Environmental Health. You can contact us by telephone, letter, email or in person. Your complaint should include:

  • Your name, address and telephone number (your details are not disclosed in the initial stages of a complaint).
  • The address where the noise is coming from.
  • The type of problem, for example loud music, when and how often this occurs.
  • Any other information that may be useful in the investigation of the complaint.

Environmental Health

PO Box 8045
Burton upon Trent
DE14 9JG

01283 508524
01283 508578

Submit a complaint online