This page provides links to information to help tenants.
- Housing Benefit - If you will need Housing Benefit, you need to find out the maximum amount - called the Local Housing Allowance (LHA) rate - which will apply to you before you look for a home
- How to find somewhere to live in East Staffordshire
- How to apply to become a tenant of a housing association in East Staffordshire
- Rent Deposit Scheme
- How to Rent is a booklet that landlords should give to tenants at the start of a tenancy
- How to Rent a Safe Home explains makes a home safe
- The Rights and Responsibilities of all tenants are set out on the Government's website
- Eviction from your home
- Homelessness, Harassment and Illegal Eviction are unpleasant experiences when they happen so it is useful to understand the relevant rules.
- Tenant Support Services
- Help with the rent - if your income is low you may be entitled to Housing Benefit
- Private Tenants information about renting and rent levels
If you need further advice, please contact the Housing Options Team on 01283 508120