Coronavirus: Advice for Businesses

For an overview of what support and grants are available to business, including details of business rate reliefs, please see our Coronavirus advice page.

The Council has issued more information on those businesses which must close and guidance for those who need to make planning alterations or have licensing queries.

Coronavirus support and advice

If you want to sell alcohol or hold an event in the borough you will need a licence.

You will need a licence to undertake various animal businesses within in East Staffordshire including, but not limited to:

If you want to offer taxi or private hire vehicle services in the borough, either as a driver or operator you will need a licence.

The registration of businesses used for food operations including market stalls, delivery vehicles and other moveable structures, is required by law.

If you intend to provide gambling facilities at your premise, or create a lottery society you will need a licence.

The A-Z of licences is a comprehensive list of all the licences that the Council administers ranging from charity to scrap metal dealers.