Occasional use notice

Occasional use notices (OUNs) provide that where there is betting on a track on 8 days or less in a calendar year, betting maybe permitted by way of an OUN without the need for a full premises licence.

The use of such notices will be for where the event upon which the betting is to take place is of a temporary, infrequent nature. The use of such a Notice dispenses with the need for a betting premises licence for the track in question.

There is no fee for an occasional use notice.

Application form

Apply by downloading an application for an occasional use notice and returning it by email to licensing@eaststaffsbc.gov.uk or by post to the Licensing Team, East Staffordshire Borough Council, The Town Hall, King Edward Place, Burton upon Trent, DE14 2EB.