Temporary use notice

Temporary use notices (TUNs) allow the use of premises for gambling where there is no premises licence but where a gambling operator wishes to use the premises temporarily for providing facilities for gambling. Premises that might be suitable for a TUN would include hotels, conference centres, and sporting venues.

A TUN may only be granted to a person or company holding a relevant operating licence issued by the gambling commission (for example, the holder of a betting operating licence could apply to provide betting facilities at a snooker tournament).

The same set of premises may not be the subject of a TUN for more than 21 days in any 12 month period, but may be the subject of several notices provided that the total does not exceed 21 days. Should this period be exceeded we will issue a counter-notice that has the effect of stopping the TUN coming into effect; failure to comply with the counter-notice will be an offence.

How much does it cost?

For further information on costs, please see our licensing fees page.

Application form

Apply by downloading an application for a temporary use notice and returning it by email to licensing@eaststaffsbc.gov.uk or by post to Licensing Team, East Staffordshire Borough Council, The Town Hall, King Edward Place, Burton upon Trent, DE14 2EB.